|Renting a Property
If you've seen a property you like on-line - great! We’ve provided advice and tips below to help you secure that perfect rental home. Good luck and don’t forget if you have any questions you can contact us on 03 442 7777 or email email@example.com
Step by Step Guide to Renting a Property
Step 1: View house from the street. You’ve seen the house of your dreams on-line, but before you set up a viewing we ask that you go and take a look at it from the outside (taking care not to enter the grounds if the property is still tenanted).
Step 2: Arrange a time to view inside. Please note this may take a couple of days as we legally have to give current tenants 48 hours notice to arrange a viewing.
Step 3: Apply for the property. Download and complete a ‘Tenant Application Form'. This must include a personal, work and previous landlord reference. We will not be able to consider your application without this information.
Step 4: We review all applications. We will contact the successful person immediately. If you were unsuccessful we will aim to contact you within 4 days of the decision but if you haven’t heard from us in that time please feel free to give us a call.
Step 5: Settle financials. If you were successful with your application then congratulations! Before you move into your home however you’ll need to provide the following to us:
- 4 weeks rent for your bond
- 1 weeks rent in advance
- 1 weeks rent + GST as our letting fee
Example: If the rent per week is $200.00, you will need to pay the following:
- Bond $800.00
- Rent $200.00
- Letting Fee $200.00 + $25.00 GST = $225
- Total = $1225.00
Step 6: Welcome to your new home. Collect the keys and move in!
Tips for Getting that House
- Remember we are looking for the most suitable person to tenant each property - it is not a just a first-come, first-served basis.
- First impressions are very important so try and make a good one!
- If you are not currently in Queenstown, you may have a friend inspect the property on your behalf.
Get Connected the Easy Way with Fast Connect
- To help make moving-in easier, we recommend new tenants use the fast connect service.
- This efficient connection service arranges all of your essential domestic services to be connected up and relocated to your new home on your behalf, free of charge!
- Services include electricity, gas, phone, insurance, sky, internet, lawn mowing, pet relocation and cleaning.
- Talk to us about arranging fast-connection for your new home.
- We trust that your tenancy will go smoothly and be event-free. However in the instance that you do need any repairs or maintenance work please contact us first. We use preferred contractors and will arrange for any repairs to be done on your behalf.
- Don't forget to re-direct your mail. NZ Post provides a postal re-direction service. Contact your local NZ Post shop for more details.
- For your own protection, we strongly recommend you take out home contents insurance which includes tenant liability.
- Be sure to let us know if there are any changes to your rental situation. We will need to ensure all records are up to date.
- Keeping your home well ventilated and aired will help ensure your home keeps you comfortable all year round.
- For further information about renting in New Zealand visit http://www.dbh.govt.nz/. This website provides free information and advice for tenants and landlords.
If you have any queries we are happy to help!